2-1-1 Ontario – Find programs and services in Ontario
Ottawa Public Health – Vaccinations, Sexual Health, Healthy Babies Healthy Children
Service Ontario – OHIP, birth certificates
Mother to Baby: Medication and More during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Ask the Experts
OCEA – Ottawa Childbirth Education Association
613 – 860 – 2061
Parenting in Ottawa: Providing a variety of resources throughout pregnancy and parenting.
Ottawa Early Years Centre: Open to all families in Ottawa.
Welcoming places that offer a range of parenting services and resources where you can:
- Join fun activities – reading, storytelling, sing-alongs, games and more
- Get advice from professionals trained in early childhood development
- Find out about other family services in your community
- Connect with other families with young children
Mother Craft Ottawa: Helping Ottawa families through our many child and family service programs, which include comprehensive prenatal classes, perinatal support, parenting classes, workshops and drop-in play groups.
Family Services Ottawa: We offer counseling and support services to anybody in Ottawa who needs it. No matter what it is that you’re dealing with, we’re here to listen. Includes programs designed for children/youth, parents, and parents with postpartum depression.
Ottawa Public Health Breastfeeding Drop-ins
Newman Breastfeeding Clinic & Institute: Videos, info sheets
La Leche League – Mother to mother peer support network
Normal Newborn Behaviour
Association of Ontario Midwives
College of Midwives of Ontario
Find Your Midwife:
Donating to ORACLE opportunity
Thank you for considering a donation to families served by ORACE outreach perinatal care. Your gift will be used for basic needs items such as food clothing and transportation.
Donations can be made online at https://ohfoundation.ca/donate
Please specify in the “what inspired you to donate” field: Perinatal Mental Health, ORACLE outreach patient needs.
Donations can also be made in person at the General site (inside the main entrance) or the Civic site (in the main mall in between the auxiliary shop and Second Cup).
As the Ottawa Hospital Foundation is very large, and this is a new process, please take a moment to let us know you have made a donation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s initiatives for Safer Environments Website offers a list of Community Organizations with websites and contact phone numbers. Please follow the link below to review free community resources suggested by WISE IFSE: http://www.wiseottawa.ca/community-resources
Help for our Clients
Community Midwives of Ottawa has relied since its inception on the generosity of our past clients to provide for the basic needs of our current clients.
We always accept donations of premature, newborn and 0-3 clothing, blankets, diapers, formula, and babywearing items as well as clothing for pregnancy and breast/chestfeeding.
We are unable to store larger items such as bassinets, strollers, baths and more – items that are still very much needed. Therefore we created a Facebook group “CMO Parents Sharing”, hoping that this can become a space for parents to share their gently used items.
Please join our Facebook “CMO Parents Sharing Group” here:
The Bethany Hope Centre
The Bethany Hope Centre exists to improve the well-being of pregnant youth and young-parent families
Are you pregnant or a young parent (29& under)? Reach out for Support:
Resource list for Urgent requests
- Ottawa food bank 613-745-7001
- Ottawa public health 613-580-6744
- Telehealth Ontario/Telesanté Ontario 1-866-797-0000
- OCISO 613-725-5671 ext.316/ email@example.com/ www.ociso.org
Clinical counseling and mental health support for immigrants and refugees.
- Hope for Wellness Help Line 1-855-242-3310 or the online chat at www.hopeforwellness.ca (available 24/7)
For immediate mental health counseling and crisis intervention to all indigenous peoples across Canada
- Unsafe at Home text 613-704-5535 or chat online at www.unsafeathomeottawa.ca
For Ottawa women living with violence and abuse
- A Friendly Voice 613-692-9992 or 1-855-892-9992
For isolated seniors
- LGBTQ+ Youth Line 1-800-268-9688 or online at www.youthline.ca
- Black Youth Helpline 1-833-294-8650 or online at www.blackyouth.ca
Local Counseling Agencies
- https://walkincouncelling.com – Now offering in-person appointments
- Ottawa Distress Center (24/7) 613-283-3311
- Centre d’aide (24/7) 1-866-277-3553
- Crisis Line/Ligne de Crise (24/7) 613-722-6914
- Child Youth and Family Crisis Line/Ligne de crise enfant, jeunes et famille (24/7) 613-260-2360
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service (24/7) 1-833-456-4566
- Kids Help Phone (24/7) 1-603-668-6868
- Parent Support Line 613-565-2467 ex.2 or firstname.lastname@example.org